Prep: 10 mins | Cooking Time: 18 mins | Serves: 4
Nutritional Information (per serve): Energy: 580kJ | Protein: 10g | Fat: 7.8g | Fibre: 4.6g
Suitable for: Vegetarian, Dairy Free, Low FODMAP (use garlic infused olive oil instead of garlic)
How to Serve
The perfect winter warmer breakfast. Serve with a slice of multi-grain sourdough to boost the fibre and you’re all ready to go.
- Drizzle extra virgin olive oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 red capsicum, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 3 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1 tsp each of thyme, tarragon and oregano
- 1 tbsp parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 1/4 cup olives, pitted
- Pre-heat oven to 180˚C. Lightly grease four small ramekins with olive oil.
- Heat a frying pan and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil so base is lightly coated. Add garlic and capsicum and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add zucchini and 2 cups of baby spinach and sauté until spinach has wilted. Season with herbs then remove from heat
- Line the ramekins with fresh baby spinach leaves. Divide cooked vegetables and pitted olives between the four ramekins and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Place the ramekins on a baking tray and then carefully crack a whole egg into each ramekin.
- Cook in oven for 15-18 minutes or until egg white has set.
- Serve hot with a slice of FODMAP friendly toast if desired.