Prep: 30-40 mins | Cooking: 15 mins | Serves: 4
Nutritional Information (per serve): Energy: 1169kJ | Protein: 18g | Fat: 13.2g | Fibre: 6g
Suitable for: Vegetarian (using tofu only), Gluten Free, Wheat Free, Dairy Free, FODMAP friendly (use low FODMAP stock & leave out onion)
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup stock
- 200g chicken breast
- 150g firm tofu, patted dry & sliced into strips
- 2 carrots, grated
- 2 cups iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 2 tbsp red onion, finely shredded
- 10 green beans, chopped diagonally
- 50g vermicelli noodles
- 1 packet round rice paper sheets
- Drizzle of olive oil
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp white vinegar
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 long red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 tsp coriander, finely chopped
- 1 tsp fresh basil finely chopped
- Bring water and stock to boil in a small-medium saucepan. Add chicken breast and poach for 12 minutes or until cooked through. Once cooked, remove chicken from liquid and set aside to cool before shredding the meat into thin strips.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in pan and cook tofu until golden.
- Combine chicken, tofu, carrot, lettuce, beans, onion and vermicelli noodles in a large bowl
- Place one sheet of rice paper in a dish of warm water until softened.
- Lift sheet from water and place on a board. Spoon a large dessert soon mixture onto the centre of the rice paper sheet. Fold the side closest to you over the mixture, then fold in the other sides and roll to enclose the filling. Repeat.
- Prepare dipping sauce by placing all ingredients in the same bowl and stirring to combine.
- Serve rice paper rolls with dipping sauce.
How to Serve
This recipe produces 12 quality rice paper rolls that can be the perfect appetiser for a get together, or even a perfect snack to take on the go.