Samantha has always had a special interest in sports nutrition, after swimming and competing in sport aerobics at an elite level. She completed the SDA Sports Nutrition Course at the Australian Institute of Sport in 2014 and is a qualified ISAK level 1 anthropometrist. Samantha enjoys working with a range of athletes including junior, recreational and elite athletes, however most recently, has thoroughly enjoyed working in, and playing a part in, the high performance sport environment. Her specific interests are team sports, rowing and aquatic sports.
While Samantha has an extensive history working in private practice and with national level swimmers, she currently works as Sports Dietitian at the Rowing Australia Hancock Prospecting Women’s National Training Centre in Sydney, as well as the NSW Waratahs with Health & Performance Collective. Samantha also built up her experience in team sports, through her prior roles as Sports Dietitian at the Wests Tigers and the Western Sydney Wanderers.
Samantha is committed to helping her athletes achieve their goals through tailored and personalised nutrition practices, and prides herself on her ability to translate nutritional science into practical and simple nutrition interventions.
Qualifications & Memberships:
– Bachelor of Science (Nutrition) (First Class Honours) (University of Sydney)
– Bachelor of Applied Science (Sport and Exercise Science) (University of Sydney)
– Sports Dietitians Australia Sports Nutrition Course (Australian Institute of Sport)
– Accredited Sports Dietitian (Member of Sports Dietitians Australia)
– Accredited Practicing Dietitian and Accredited Nutritionist (Member of the Dietitians Association of Australia)