Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 40 mins | Serves: 4-6
Nutritional Information (per serve): Energy: 1081kJ | Protein: 32g | Fat: 6g | Fibre: 3g
Suitable for: Wheat Free, Gluten free, Dairy free, Low FODMAP (use more blueberries, leave out apple and only use green part of leek)
How to Serve
This dish is delicious served with a side of roasted vegetables. If desired, cook on a lower temperature for longer to help increase the tenderness.
- 800g pork scotch fillet
- 1 tsp each of cumin, turmeric, ginger and pepper
- 30mL garlic infused extra virgin olive oil
- 5cm leek, finely sliced
- 2 cups red cabbage, shredded
- 250g blueberries
- 2 large apples, quartered
- 2 cups red wine (such as pinot noir)
- Preheat oven to 180˚C. Rub half the spice mix over the pork.
- Heat oil in a large roasting dish. Add the pork and brown on both sides, then remove.
- Add the leek, cabbage, apples, blueberries and remaining spice mix. Cook stirring for 2 minutes, and then pour in the wine and place the pork on top.
- Cover and roast in oven for approx. 35-40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and transfer the pork and vegetables to separate dishes, cover and rest in a warm place
- To reduce the sauce, place the roasting dish on the stove and cook on moderate heat for 3 minutes.
- Slice the pork and serve on top of the cabbage mixture, spoon sauce over the top and serve.