Prep: 10 mins | Cook: 40 mins | Serves: 2
Nutritional Information (per serve): Energy: 1288kJ | Protein: 15.4g | Fat: 21.5g | Fibre: 11.4g
Suitable for: Vegan, Vegetarian, Wheat Free, Gluten free, Dairy free, FODMAP friendly
How to Serve
Swap tofu for chicken or pork if desired. Use microwave 40 second brown rice if you are time poor, this will reduce cooking time to ~10 mins.
- 200g firm tofu, cut into bite size chunks
- 1 cup cabbage, shredded
- 10 snow peas, chopped
- 1 carrot, grated
- 10 green beans, chopped
- 1/4 cup bean sprouts
- Handful each of coriander, basil and mint
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 large red chill, sliced with seeds removed (unless you like it really hot)
- drizzle olive oil or peanut oil
- 1/2 cup brown rice
- Cook rice according to packet instructions. If using a rice cooker, add rice and 1.5 cups of water. Leave to cook, stirring occasionally so it doesn’t stick to the bottom. This will take ~40 mins.
- Meanwhile, heat fry pan and spray with oil. Gently stir-fry tofu until it has slightly golden edges.
- Whilst the tofu and rice are cooking, combine sesame oil, lime juice and chilli to make the dressing.
- Place rice in a bowl, then add salad ingredients, herbs and tofu.
- Drizzle dressing over the salad.